Who We Are
Hi! We’re Thinkingbox, a global creative collective shaping the future of brands through craft and curiosity. Our team brings together unique perspectives in design, technology, and strategy that push the boundaries for our clients to create work that is innovative. We are a curious bunch that loves to think big, continuously learn, and create. We love our culture and the natural collaboration that happens in and around our five offices, from dog parties to happy hour Fridays, we maintain a vibrant work environment. However, for one month a year we encourage our people to explore the world. Try working from another office or even the beaches of Bali and expand your worldview, then bring that experience back to the team.
Thinkingbox Toronto is in search of an Office Manager. If you have a keen interest in the world of advertising and your goal is to make our office feel like a second home for the team, we should chat. As the host of the space, you will create a comfortable and inviting environment where the team can achieve their goals while enjoying their time at the office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Welcome visitors to the office as the first point of contact at Thinkingbox.
- Screen phone calls and transfer onto the appropriate person.
- Meet and greet clients in a professional and friendly manner.
- Anticipate the needs of the office to help ensure a seamless positive experience.
- Be the first point of contact to the CEO and MD’s in regards to the daily running of the office.
- Manage the office budget.
- Monitor and ensure adequate levels of office supplies, and purchase gear for current and new employees.
- Plan and purchase fruit, snacks, and other supplies to ensure our kitchen is stocked (we can't run out of M&M's!)
- Manage incoming and outgoing post, couriers, deliveries.
- Calendar management for the board rooms, setting up boardrooms and providing refreshments for clients.
- Work with staff and team to ensure that all office spaces are well-maintained, including kitchen and meeting spaces.
- Be the point of contact for any cleaning contracts/office maintenance/building insurance.
- Manage security and employee access to the building and office.
- Book and coordinate travel for directors, senior management and other team members as required.
- Assist the directors and senior management team with adhoc support requests.
- Book and coordinate ad hoc meetings for team members.
- Coordinate our onboarding and offboarding process.
- Assist the Talent Manager with ad hoc HR-related tasks, such as managing our benefits administration.
- Develop creative initiatives to improve the employee experience of our team.
- Plan and coordinate company meetings, fun office events and staff celebrations.
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator on award submissions and creating social content.
- Support sales team with administrative tasks such as data entry and organization
What You’ll Bring
- Strong customer-service focus. Personable and well-presented.
- A keen interest in the digital media advertising world - you know what we do and you are excited about it.
- Extremely organised, responsible and reliable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to solve problems innovatively.
- Available to work full time in our Vancouver office, with some evenings and occasional weekend tasks.
- Experience in hospitality is a bonus.
- Experience in a receptionist, hospitality or admin role.
- Experience working in a Mac OSX environment, Microsoft Office and G-Suite.
Here at Thinkingbox, we are committed to building an environment where our employees continuously feel included, valued and heard. Diversity is our creative strength and it’s a combination of our unique experiences and perspectives that make for some of the best problem-solving. The result? Creativity, growth and innovation. We strongly encourage all applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender identity to apply.
Thank you for taking the time to apply with the Thinkingbox family! Please remember to include your resume and links to your online portfolio with your application. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are not able to contact everyone who applies. Do note however that all applications are stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities!